Why Choose Bath?
Whether you’re planning a meeting, organising an event, or looking for imaginative ideas for the ultimate incentive trip or team building activity, the stunning spa city of Bath is the perfect place to mix business with pleasure.
Bath has long been a beacon for brilliant minds and creative pioneers – Herschel discovered the planet Uranus in 1781 in his Bath garden, and Jane Austen favoured the city to provide her with literary inspiration.
Bath is a creative and stylish city renowned for its unique historic venues. But Bath is by no means stuck in the past; alongside the elegant Georgian buildings, you will also find modern purpose-built venues, impressive luxury retreats and a variety of mid-range and budget hotels, many with their own meeting facilities.
As a UNESCO World Heritage Site, home to natural thermal waters, Bath is brimming with history and heritage. It has grown into a vibrant, modern city which offers a wealth of cultural attractions and events, a fantastic range of independent shopping and a lively food scene.
Just a short drive from the city centre you can find many superb country venues, featuring fantastic spas, Michelin-starred restaurants, golf courses and equestrian centres, along with meeting facilities and corporate event spaces.
Why Is Bath so Special for Corporate Events?
- Blending historic charm with cutting-edge technology, Bath is a business-ready city with a truly stunning backdrop
- From rejuvenating spa sessions and mindful activities, to energetic activities in the great outdoors and fine food, Bath has become Britain’s wellbeing and wellness capital
- At the end of a busy conference day, delegates can bathe in the thermal waters of Thermae Bath Spa’s rooftop pool with panoramic views of the city
- For a cultural experience, there are many fascinating museums and galleries, housed in grand Georgian buildings, where event organisers can hold a reception or a private dinner
- Visit the historic Roman Baths, where delegates can walk along ancient paving stones around the steaming Great Bath. This unique museum can be hired exclusively for torchlit drinks receptions, followed by dinner with entertainment in the magnificent Georgian Pump Room
- Bath is also a city known for sporting excellence – Bath Racecourse has facilities available for hire by event organisers, and spectating at Bath Rugby acts as a brilliant incentive!